https://www.techspan.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Dyna-Purge-feature-image-002.jpg 529 1020 Techspan Admin https://www.techspan.com.au/wp-content/uploads/logo4.png Techspan Admin2015-07-31 10:26:502015-07-31 10:26:504 Purging Performance Tips - use Dyna-Purge
Purging Performance Tips – Purge with Dyna-Purge
When running high temperature engineering resins, you can enhance the performance of Dyna-Purge by following these four tips:
- Run Dyna-Purge at the lower end of the temperature range for the processing resin.
- When purge is exiting the machine, the following will help to reduce fumes and the potential for auto ignition:
– Purge piles should be collected as small, flat, thin shapes or thin strands to allow for rapid cooling
– Purge into cold water Make sure the melt temperature does not exceed 715 °F (379 °C); if necessary, reduce screw speed
- Keep the barrel full to minimize degradation
- If shutting down, decrease temperatures as quickly as possible. If temperatures are still above600 °F (316 °C) after 15 minutes, displace the Dyna-Purge with another barrel-full as temperatures continue to come down. Repeat if necessary.